Wednesday, July 2, 2008

The Final Goodbye

Our last Sunday in Belmont was three days before we left. I've had a hard time posting this because it still makes me so sad to think about leaving Massachusetts. Here are the kids in front of the church house. I love the church grounds. Right after church there was a farewell party at Heather & Dave S.'s home. Lucky for us (but not for the others in the ward) another family who had been in the area nearly 10 years was moving also. That meant that lots of people came to the party to see them off, so we got to feel like they were there to see us too! Yummy food and fabulous friends. What could be better?

With Christine and Clayton C.

Tessa and Becca
Leilani, Denise, and Sande.

Bishop B. and Richard

Melinda and Lynda - the BEST Sunbeam teacher and the one who was moving as well.

Rebecca and Leilani

Sande, Carolyn, and Laurie

My favorite. Ivy and her special friend Andrew.
I'm sure that our year in Belmont didn't mean as much to the people there - as they are used to people coming and going - as it did to me. I felt included, valued, and befriended 100%. I learned so much from the ward members, especially the women I became friends with. If any of you are reading this - thank you for a lifetime of memories!!




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We LOVED having you and hope to see you guys again someday! A few of us girls were talking about you last night actually, we were discussing piano practicing, so I told them about what you do and I think Lisa Sorenson may just try it!
Love ya
Denise

Anonymous said...

We LOVED having you and hope to see you guys again someday! A few of us girls were talking about you last night actually, we were discussing piano practicing, so I told them about what you do and I think Lisa Sorenson may just try it!
Love ya
Denise

Anonymous said...

For some reason it posted my comment twice, sorry about that!!!

Denise