Saturday, September 8, 2007

Labor Day in The Berkshires

Western Mass. is beautiful! The county is Berkshire, and they call the hills in general "The Berkshires." Friends in the ward invited the families of all the youth out to their summer home there and we had a good time. They have eight acres and are turning it into a play land. The home is a 50's ranchhouse which they've just simply updated - hard floors and such. They've filled it with instruments and games and books. The slate-floored, enclosed porch downstairs has a ping-pong table and an air-hockey table. The covered porch upstairs has comfy furniture and AMAZING VIEWS!! We just played and ate all day. (Didn't realize until I was there that my battery in my camera was on its last bleep - so I quickly snapped some pictures from the spot where I was sitting. )
The pool deck isn't finished yet - but the pool is beautiful. Looking toward the tennis courts.

Sitting in the pool looking out. The house is just above the pool, so the deck overlooks it and this gorgeous view. The acreage has natural terraces that work well for all of the "play areas."

Another view from the pool. That's Ivy (with the pigtails) and Tessa in the middle of the picture. I pretty much stayed at the pool all day because the kids refused to get out.

Another shot toward the tennis courts. That's Austin and Richard chatting, and Coop in the pool.

The tramp with the soccer field below it. The tennis courts are down to the right.

More of the pretty trees. I told Richard I would love to retire here!

No comments: