Wednesday, April 30, 2008

About April

Lots of fun happened this month!

(Most of the pictures, unfortunately, were taken with our not-so-great camera and so are not great quality! Got a new camera for Mother's Day!)

Maia had her performance to cap off an 8-week music class. She had such fun with this group of 7-10 year olds - and they learned some darling songs! (I hadn't heard "Candy Man" for SO long!!) They also performed at a senior center and got a kick out of the little old lady who stood up to sing one of the songs...wish I could remember which one, 'cause that's what makes the story so funny! I'll have to ask Maia and tell you later.

With her teacher, Judianne Peterson. Judianne is not only extremely musically talented, but a wonderful person. We have loved getting to know her and her family. The "weird" thing is that we actually met her brother when we were first driving to Mass. His family and our family ended up at the Sacred Grove on the same Sunday as we were traveling - he back to Idaho and us to Belmont. Their family has endured much loss and pain.

Tessa's in the back row, third from left, I THINK! How terrible is that? This picture was taken with the cell phone at her school concert.
Cute boy. When I uploaded this picture I thought it was the one showing his empty space from his first lost tooth...hope I have a picture of that somewhere. But anyway, here's our Coop.

With friends at dinner. These two guys were in one of Richard's classes at Harvard Business School. They are both West Point graduates and former service members. Jesus is on the left with his wife, and that's his little boy in the middle. Ali is in the white shirt (his wife was unable to come). They both served in Iraq, I believe. They have excelled at Harvard and have great jobs lined up. Very nice people.

Goofy Girl. -- I guess this is my best picture of Maia on her 9th birthday! (So glad I later got a camera so I can be in control of photograph quality again!)

Here's the beauty queen, wearing one of her favorite outfits. An 18-month size slip, which she calls her "tutu" or "suit." She also wears her black velvet church jacket all over the place (no matter the weather) and I finally just gave away these boots! Ivy is always a source of fashion entertainment for the family...and, alas, neighbors, other grocery shoppers, church members, bus riders, pedestrians ... you get the idea.

No comments: