Monday, June 30, 2008

June - Aunt Sandy Came to Visit!

Sandy and I took a Duck Tour. I think it was my fourth time, but I learned something new everytime and I never tired of the views!
On the pier at Boston Harbor.

On board the ferry to the Harbor Islands. A beautiful day! I tried very hard to control my anxiety about the kids + water + speeding boat. phew!

Happy times.

At Fort ? (starts with a "W" I think) on one of the islands. See, I didn't blog it fast enough and I've forgotten the pertinent info.! -- The kids thought the jail was quite fun.


The fort is massive and was used to not only protect the inland, but to hold prisoners during the Civil War, I believe.

The girls cared less about the historical points and more about collecting nature's treasures in their shirts.


This one - and her "collective" spirit - more than doubles our time on any outing.


The top of the fort is covered with grass and held dozens and dozens of cannons. These are what remain of where they were mounted and their circular tracks. Everyone liked walking along the tracks.

Protecting the shore from pirates, no doubt.


The view from the tower atop the fort.

And again. Absolutely beautiful. Although I was raised very near the Pacific Ocean, I fell in love with the Atlantic during our year in Boston!

No comments: